domingo, 12 de septiembre de 2010

4th TIME AROUND.




4th TIME AROUND.
Bob Dylan; BLONDE ON BLONDE.


When she said,_"Don't waste your words,_they're just lies,"_I cried she was deaf._And she worked on my face_until breaking my eyes,_Then said, "What else you got left?"_It was then that I got up to leave_But she said, "Don't forget,_Everybody must give something back_For something they get."
stood there and hummed,_I tapped on her drum_and asked her how come._And she buttoned her boot,_And straightened her suit,_Then she said, "Don't get cute."_So I forced my hands in my pockets_And felt with my thumbs,_And gallantly handed her_My very last piece of gum.
She threw me outside,_I stood in the dirt_where ev'ryone walked._And after finding I'd_Forgotten my shirt,_I went back and knocked._I waited in the hallway,_she went to get it,_And I tried to make sense_Out of that picture of you_in your wheelchair_That leaned up against ...
Her Jamaican rum_And when she did come,_I asked her for some._She said, "No, dear."_I said, "Your words aren't clear,_You'd better spit out your gum."_She screamed till her face got so red_Then she fell on the floor,_And I covered her up and then_Thought I'd go look through her drawer.
And, when I was through_I filled up my shoe_And brought it to you._And you, you took me in,_You loved me then_You didn't waste time._And I, I never took much,_I never asked for your crutch._Now don't ask for mine.


XXXXX


POR CUARTA VEZ: Cuando ella dijo,_ "no malgastes tus palabras,_sólo son mentiras"._Le grité que estaba sorda_mientras me trabajaba la cara_hasta romperme los ojos_y dijo, "¿qué más te queda?"_fue cuando entonces me levanté para irme_pero me dijo, "no olvides que_todo el mundo ha de pagar algo_por lo que ha recibido"
Me quedé allí murmurando_golpeé en su tambor,_pregunté, "¿cómo era posible?"_y ella abotonó su bota_y estiró su vestido_luego dijo, "no te hagas el listo"._Así que metí las manos en los bolsillos_y hurgué con mis pulgares_y galantemente le tendí_mi último pedazo de chicle.
Ella me echó_permanecí en la basura_donde andaba todo el mundo_ y después de darme cuenta_que había olvidado mi camisa_regresé y llamé_esperé en la puerta_mientras ella fue a buscarla,_e intenté darle sentido_a aquella fotografía tuya_en tu silla de ruedas_que se apoyaba en ...
su ron jamaicano_y cuando vino_le pedí un poco_ella dijo, "no, querido"_yo dije, "tus palabras no son claras,_sería mejor que escupieras el chicle"_ella chilló hasta que su cara se puso roja_luego cayó al suelo._Yo la cubrí y luego pensé en ir_a mirar en su escritorio.
Y cuando acabé_llené mi zapato_y te lo traje a ti_y tú, tú me recibiste_me amaste entonces_y nunca perdiste el tiempo_y yo, yo nunca abusé_nunca pregunté por tu muleta_así que no preguntes por la mía.

No hay comentarios: